Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Plains of Alberta

Last week I began a roadtrip out to Vancouver, with a number of stops along the way. I decided to take the southern route along Highway 3, with a stop in Drumheller. This made for a distance of 1639km, and according to Google Maps would take about 22.5 hours of driving time.

Along the way to and from Drumheller I found some striking prairie landscapes. I tend to forget how beautiful my own province can be. Since I live here and can see it every day it all just seems normal to me. For this trip, though, I wanted to make a point of stopping and really SEEING what I can see every day.


I was certainly lucky to have lots of cloud cover to add texture to the sky. In fact, it had been raining on and off all day, and rained overnight as well, but thankfully whenever I was out and about the weather was perfect.


Of course, the reason to go to Drumheller was for landscapes that cannot be found elsewhere. These will be appearing here soon!

1 comment:

  1. Geez... what a comment James! Hahaha Um hey can I make a suggestion?? It'd be really awesome if you made your photos bigger. You're such a fantastic photographer, and I'd love to see these photos in a larger scale. Just a suggestion. IF you can't, you can change the width of your blog in the 'design' section. :)

    ReplyDelete