Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Drums of Canada Day



I haven't updated here in quite some time, but I have indeed been busy. Let's get started with the backlog, shall we?

First up, the most recent! I went to City Hall for Canada Day specifically to catch a part of their multicultural performances, specifically Booming Tree Taiko. This is a duo of drummers who have taken traditional Japanese drumming and put their own twist on it.


Canada Day (30 of 41)  Canada Day (25 of 41) 

Their show was, as always, very powerful and lively. They try to tell stories with their music, and I think they succeed. In particular, one of their songs was played by competing fishing villages as they bring in their catch, and the competitive aspect between the two drummers was quite apparent.


After their show I explored Churchill square a bit to practice some candids. Nothing special, but fun was had.
Sassy!

More to the point, though, Canada Day isn't complete without fireworks. Thankfully I have access to some of the buildings at Government Centre, and made my way to the top floor of one of the office buildings where I was able to get this:
I will readily admit that this is a photoshop of multiple fireworks bursts put together, but I think everybody agrees that it looks pretty spectacular!

More posts to come soon. I won't let several months go by without a word again!

No comments:

Post a Comment