Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Blast from the Past

This was one of my earlier, and funner, experiments in off-camera lighting.

I for some reason was quite taken with the idea of taking some shots in Film Noir style. That old, gritty, 1940s PI type feel. The sort of thing that needs a Maltese Falcon somewhere nearby. Thankfully I had a roommate who was in to that sort of thing, and had all the appropriate clothing and accoutrements to go along with it.

I tried experimenting with a few different things. One flash, two flashes, sometimes blocking the light, sometimes not. Always aiming for a very stark, somewhat uncomfortable feel. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley with somebody that looked like this!

And to think... I was living with him!

I would love to be able to do something like this again if the opportunity presented itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment